22 June 2011

Recently I discovered an Australian aromatherapy company whose products and oils are the bedst I have come across. I recently attended one of their workshops and we made mouthwash and tooth powder with all natural ingredients (and a little alcohol!). Making your own products not only allows you the opportunity to see all the ingredients but in the long run, it is very economical. Next on my agenda is homemade shampoo, conditioner and face cream.

There website if anyone wants to have a little browse is http://www.amazing-scents.com/.

Anyhow, I don't think I am breaking any trade secrets, here are the recipes for the mouthwash and tooth powder -
Mouth wash
Water
1 tablespoon vodka (no drinking it first!)
12 drops peppermint oil
10 drops spearmint oil
8 drops lemon oil.
Shake it.

Tooth powder
1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt (love this)
2 tablespoons bicarb
3 drops clove
1 drop cinnamon
7 drops lemon
7 drops peppermint
7 drops spearmint.
Mix together

1 comment:

Sue said...

The tooth paste sounds great. Where do you get the himalayan salt from?