26 April 2010

Torchon Lace

I'm jumping up and down here!!!! I finally finished making the two bobbin lace mats for my friend's birthday (last year). For the last few months of the year I have basically been concentrating on finishing the mats. I'm very relieved they are complete, now I can concentrate on some other crafts for a little while at least. My spinning has been a little neglected and I would like to do some more tatting and Carrickmacross.


The first one is from Lace Express (I think the designer is Monique Potoms, but I am not certain). It is made with 39 pairs of bobbins and 50/2 Egyptian.


The second, and larger mat, is a gorgeous pattern from Alison Dews in UK, titled Hexagon Star. This has 48 pairs of 40 Finca.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

It has been too long since I have looked at your blog. You have done some amazingly beautiful work!

Have you done any tatting lately?

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I can feel your excitement! Both mats are gorgeous! Hmm... how does one become a good enough friend to rate one of these beauties? ; )