08 April 2007

Sea Glass


Had a wonderful day yesterday at Black Rock beach. I collected some gorgeous sea glass, my favourite being the aqua.


My imagination went wild. What if these pieces are centuries old, what tales do they tell, are they from the HMVS Cerberus at Black Rock or from some sunken ship from many years ago. What stories do these contain, being tumbled by the sea for many years.


Or (more realistically) are they pieces of glass left by careless beach-goers, glass shaped by one of nature's best, the ocean.


I have a few collections of sea glass, one from Liverpool UK, California USA and now Black Rock Australia.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh what a find! How beautiful they are! If they could talk I wonder what stories they would tell us? I hope that you have a wonderful Easter!
*HUGS*

Miss Robyn said...

I love sea glass. In summer, I have a bowl on my table with sea glass, some shells and a little tea light!

Julie H said...

These are just beautiful! I don't live by the type of beach with sea glass so I am particularly blessed to see these. Nature makes the nicest art.

Will you use some in your art?

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Sea glass are indeed treasures...they are the smooth result of tumbling through the sea. Much like sitting by the sea or even listening to the sea - it tends to smooth ones rough edges.
Those are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Lovely treasure you found there.

JoyceAnn said...

Wonderful treasures from the sea ! I love sea glass too.
Hope your day is as bright and beautiful as the sea glass.

lizzzzzzzy said...

I too have a collection of sea glass, collected mostly from Virginia's beaches. I love the aqua. I was hunting when I came across a young boy who was collecting. He showed me some of his tricks and then we swaped favorites. Broken glass, tossed, forgotten, becomes a hidden treasure, becomes a bond of a brief friendship, carried home to be remembered.
Lizzzzzzzzzzzzzy from doll swap

Ro Bruhn said...

I also collect glass along that stretch of beach and at Parkdale, I might bump into you some time
Ro